Welcome to Enrapt, an architecture studio based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire.
We undertake many types of work – from small extensions and interiors through to more comprehensive refurbishments and ground-breaking new-builds… At whatever scale, our projects are treated individually with detailed care and attention. Any building must encompass numerous complex functions, for it to perform on a practical level alone. It is our mission to combine and resolve these in a way that offers more than the sum of its parts. Our specialty is to design with and around what you have (or do not have, of course) to deliver this.
Explore some examples of our work via the following gallery links, or scroll further down to read more about us...
At Enrapt, we see architecture as a balance between being passive and responsive: It forms a permanent backdrop to your life, but must be flexible to changing circumstances... We acknowledge this by using traditional construction techniques and durable materials - in both establishedand unique ways - so that it will last and can be adapted. In parallel, we seek to transform challenges into opportunities for invention - to instil something special in each and every scheme. From complicated needs spring beautiful, meaningful spaces that enrich daily life. In this way and as Architects specifically we aim to add value through our design.
Over the last 15 years Enrapt's founder and principal Architect Haakon Gittins has worked on countless properties in and around London and the Home Counties: From tight-knit commercial developments in the city, to more expansive residential plots in the rural Chilterns. After graduating from the University of Bath in 2004 then London Metropolitan University thereafter,his expertise has since been honed on a vast portfolio of Listed Buildings in the heart of the Westend. It is his belief that demanding situations such as these can produce the greatest results. Whatever your brief involves, there is a solution to be found.
Haakon is Architects Registration Board accredited and thereforeoperates with the appropriatetraining and experience - including ongoing education via a programme ofcontinual development and evolving competencies. We hold public liability and professional indemnity insurance. As such and for your reassurance, we are bound by strict codes of conduct for the services that we offer.
Enrapt can help you to express your architectural aspirations, within your means. We can operate on an ad-hoc consultancy basis at a particular stage, or, by taking the lead as project manager from beginning to end. Your commission can be delivered as and how you would like it to be. To embark on your construction journey please contact us to discuss our range of services, including:
1. Identification of your brief and other requirements, to begin defining your objectives. We can also work as the Principal Designer in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015, coveringall aspects of health and safety from the outset;
2. Concept design using drawings, images and feasibility studies to help develop the ideas further. Should other consultants be required then we can manage these, to produce a fully coherent technical design;
3. Compiling a planning application package to secure statutory consent for the scheme - which can sometimes be a long and challenging process. Some types of work may not require this however and we can advise on that;
4. Technical design work is carried out to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations/Control authority. Used alongsideschedules and specifications, we subsequently tender then obtain accurate costings for your consideration;
5. Contract administration between you and the appointed contractor, from commencement on-site. This would comprise regular site visits, inspections and written reports to monitor progress and to instruct variations where needed;
6. Completion and sign-off, to deliver the project to your expectations. A snagging list and complete cost analysis is made and payment certification issued to the contractor on your behalf;
7. Final handover takes place with all of the requisite documentation placed in the Health and Safety File/Building Manual. A post-occupancy review can be undertaken, to look at any future needs - or perhaps to discuss your next project!
Other services are available too - from simple drafting of drawings, to assisting other pre-appointed consultants and contractors. Whilst it can at times seem to be a lengthy or daunting process, we are here to help at every stage. Please talk to us if you have something in mind.
We are open and available from Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 6:00pm.
If your enquiry is less urgent then complete the form below and someone will be in touch soon.
Our office is based in Berkhamsted, near to London, but follow-up meetings can be arranged via Zoom or wherever is needed.
In the meantime please browse our galleries and social media content via the menu links, for news on our latest ventures. Most of these projects sprang from formidable situations, so we hope that you find some inspiration.
Whatever project you might be planning, feel emboldened to take those next steps, to and contact us and help you on your way...